How to transfer money from old PF account after joining new company
You or your colleague may face the problem that how to transfer your PF account when you change the job. People work in many companies in their life. In such a situation, people’s PF accounts change even though the UAN remains the same. Sometimes, people, have difficulty withdrawing or transferring money from their PF account.
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has provided the facility to the member employees to transfer EPF money online i.e. from one EPF account to another. Member Employee can transfer EPF money from one account to another EPF account sitting at home without going anywhere. Let us tell you its process, but first, know what things will be required for EPF transfer.
How to transfer money from an old PF account after joining a new company
Please pay attention to this matter before making a PF transfer.
- Your UAN number must be activated on the EPFO Member Portal. (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/)
- The number you use with the UAN must be activated as you will receive an OTP on that.
- Your bank account number and PAN number must be linked to the UAN.
- The last appointment date of exit should be updated.
- The company should have prior approval for e-KYC.
- Only one transfer request will be accepted for the previous member ID.
- Before applying, check all the information in the member profile.
- You should have a valid copy of your ID, PAN, Aadhar, or a soft copy of your driving license.
Transfer money from the old PF account to another account
- Enter the login UAN and password on the EPFO-integrated member portal.
- After logging in, go to Online Services and click on the One Member One EPF Account option.
- Check all information regarding the last appointment (i.e date of exit etc).
- Now you have to click on the Get Details option and you will get the PF account details of the previous appointment.
- Either select the previous employer or the current employer to attest to the online claim form. You can choose it based on the availability of Authorized Signatory Holding DSC.
- Select any one of the companies and fill in the Member ID or UAN.
- Finally, click on the Get OTP option. This OTP will then appear on the mobile number registered with your UAN. Enter this OTP and click the Submit button.
- After this, you will get a tracking ID from which you can see the account transfer status.
Submit a self-attested copy of your online PF transfer application in a PDF file to the selected company or institution within 10 days of submission of the online application. The company or institution digitally approves the PF transfer request. After approval, the PF is transferred to the new PF account with the existing company.
A tracking ID is also generated during the PF transfer process. It can be used to track the application. Apart from this, the employee has to download the Transfer Claim Form (Form 13). In some cases, the employee will have to submit this form to the company to complete the process of EPF transfer.